(2) Is published data, criteria, standards, specifications, techniques, illustrations, or similar material;
(3) Substantially reduces the volume of material published in the Federal Register; and
(4) Is reasonably available to and usable by the class of persons affected by the publication. In determining whether a publication is usable, the Director will consider—
(i) The completeness and ease of handling of the publication; and
(ii) Whether it is bound, numbered, and organized.
(b) The Director will assume that a publication produced by the same agency that is seeking its approval is inappropriate for incorporation by reference. A publication produced by the agency may be approved, if, in the judgment of the Director, it meets the requirements of paragraph (a) and possesses other unique or highly unusual qualities. A publication may be approved if it cannot be printed using the Federal Register/Code of Federal Regulations printing system.
(c) The following materials are not appropriate for incorporation by reference:
(1) Material published previously in the Federal Register.
(2) Material published in the United States Code.
Title 1 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.