(a) Develops, promulgates and implements regulations and develops and implements policies, programs, and procedures for all aspects of licensing, inspection, and safeguarding of—
(1) Manufacturing, production, and utilization facilities, except for those concerning fuel reprocessing plants and isotopic enrichment plants;
(2) Receipt, possession, and ownership of source, byproduct, and special nuclear material used or produced at facilities licensed under 10 CFR parts 50, 52, and 54 ;
(3) Operators of such facilities;
(4) Emergency preparedness at such facilities; and
(5) Contractors and suppliers of such facilities.
(b) Identifies and takes action regarding conditions and licensee performance that may adversely affect public health and safety, the environment, or the safeguarding of nuclear reactor facilities;
(c) Assesses and recommends or takes action regarding incidents or accidents;
(d) Provides special assistance as required in matters involving reactor facilities exempt from licensing;
(e) Provides guidance and implementation direction to Regional Offices on reactor licensing, inspection, and safeguards programs assigned to the Region, and appraises Regional program performance in terms of effectiveness and uniformity;
(f) Performs other functions required for implementation of the reactor licensing, inspection, and safeguard programs; and
(g) Performs review and evaluation related to regulated facilities insurance, indemnity, and antitrust matters.
[70 FR 69422, Nov. 16, 2005, as amended at 72 FR 49470, Aug. 28, 2007]
Title 10 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.