10 CFR 1005.4 - What are the Secretary's general responsibilities under the Order?
(a) The Secretary provides opportunities for consultation by elected officials of those state and local governments that would provide the nonfederal funds, for, or that would be directly affected by, proposed federal financial assistance from, or direct federal development by, the Department.
(b) If a state adopts a process under the Order to review and coordinate proposed federal financial assistance and direct federal development, the Secretary, to the extent permitted by law:
(2) Communicates with state and local elected officials as early in a program planning cycle as is reasonably feasible to explain specific plans and actions;
(3) Make efforts to accommodate state and local elected official's concerns with proposed federal financial assistance and direct federal development that are communicated through the state process;
(4) Allows the states to simplify and consolidate existing federally required state plan submissions;
(5) Where state planning and budgeting systems are sufficient and where permitted by law, encourages the substitution of State plans for federally required state plans;
(6) Seeks the coordination of views of affected state and local elected officials in one state with those of another state when proposed federal financial assistance or direct federal development has an impact on interstate metropolitan urban centers or other interstate areas; and
Title 10 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.