(a) Notwithstanding the prohibition contained in § 1008.16, the DOE may disclose records covered by this part (1) to the individual to whom the record pertains or to an agency or (2) to a person other than the individual where he has given his prior written consent to the disclosure or has made a written request for such disclosure.
(b) Notwithstanding the prohibition contained in § 1008.16 the DOE may also disclose records covered by this part whenever the disclosure is:
(1) To officers and employees of the DOE who have a need for the record in the performance of their duties;
(2) Required under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552 );
(3) For a routine use (as defined in § 1008.2) which is described in the Federal Register notice for the system of records which the disclosure is to be made;
(4) To the Bureau of the Census for purposes of planning or carrying out a census or survey or related activity pursuant to the provisions of title 13 of the United States Code;
(5) To a recipient who has provided the agency with advance adequate written assurance that the record will be used solely as a statistical research or reporting record, and the record is to be transferred in a form that is not individually identifiable;
(6) To the National Archives of the United States as a record which has sufficient historical or other value to warrant its continued preservation by the United States Government, or for evaluation by the Administrator of General Services or his designee to determine whether the record has such value;
(7) To another agency or to an instrumentality of any governmental jurisdiction within or under the control of the United States for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity if the activity is authorized by law and if the head of the agency or instrumentality has made a written request to the DOE specifying the particular portion desired and the law enforcement activity for which the record is sought;
(8) To a person pursuant to a showing of compelling circumstances affecting the health or safety of an individual if upon such disclosure notification is transmitted to the last known address of such individual;
(9) To either House of Congress, or to any committee or subcommittee thereof, any joint committee of Congress or subcommittee of any such joint committee, to the extent of matter within its jurisdiction;
(10) To the Comptroller General, or any of his authorized representatives, in the course of the performance of the duties of the General Accounting Office;
(11) Pursuant to the order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(c) Notwithstanding the prohibition contained in § 1008.16 of this part, the DOE may also disclose records covered by this part when disseminating a corrected or amended record or notation of a disagreement statement as required by subsection (c)(4) of the Act.
Title 10 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.