10 CFR 1016.33 - External transmission of documents and material.
(1) Documents and material containing Restricted Data shall be transmitted only to persons who possess appropriate clearance or access authorization and are otherwise eligible for access under the requirements of § 1016.31.
(2) In addition, such documents and material shall be transmitted only to persons who possess facilities for their physicial security consistent with this part. Any person subject to the regulations in this part who transmits such documents or material shall be deemed to have fulfilled his obligations under this subparagraph by securing a written certification from the prospective recipient that such recipient possesses facilities for its physical security consistent with this part.
(3) Documents and material containing Restricted Data shall not be exported from the United States without prior authorization of DOE.
(b) Preparation of documents. Documents containing Restricted Data shall be prepared for transmission outside an individual installation in accordance with the following:
(2) The inner envelope or wrapper shall be addressed in the ordinary manner and sealed with tape, the appropriate classification shall be placed on both sides of the envelope, and the additional marking referred to in § 1016.32(d) shall be placed on the side bearing the address.
(3) The outer envelope or wrapper shall be addressed in the ordinary manner. No classification, additional marking, or other notation shall be affixed which indicates that the document enclosed therein contains classified information or Restricted Data.
(4) A receipt which identifies the document, the date of transfer, the recipient, and the person transferring the document shall accompany the document and shall be signed by the recipient and returned to the sender whenever the custody of a Secret document is transferred.
(c) Preparation of material. Material, other than documents, containing Restricted Data shall be prepared for shipment outside an individual installation in accordance with the following:
(2) A receipt which identifies the material, the date of shipment, the recipient, and the person transferring the material shall accompany the material, and the recipient shall sign such receipt whenever the custody of Secret material is transferred.
(iii) By protective services provided by United States air or surface commercial carriers under such conditions as may be preserved by the DOE.
(iv) Individuals possessing appropriate DOE security clearance or access authorization who have been given written authority by their employers.
(2) Confidential matter may be transported by one of the methods set forth in paragraph (d)(1) of this section or by U.S. first class, express, or certified mail.
(e) Telecommunication of classified information. There shall be no telecommunication of Restricted Data unless the secure telecommunication system has been approved by the DOE.
Title 10 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.