Records of periodic spot-checks for remote afterloader units.
(a) A licensee shall retain a record of each spot-check for remote afterloader units required by § 35.643 for 3 years.
(b) The record must include, as applicable—
(1) The date of the spot-check;
(2) The manufacturer's name, model number, and serial number for the remote afterloader unit and source;
(3) An assessment of timer accuracy;
(4) Notations indicating the operability of each entrance door electrical interlock, radiation monitors, source exposure indicator lights, viewing and intercom systems, and clock and decayed source activity in the unit's computer; and
(5) The name of the individual who performed the periodic spot-check and the signature of the authorized medical physicist who reviewed the record of the spot-check.
(c) A licensee shall retain a copy of the procedures required by § 35.643(b) until the licensee no longer possesses the remote afterloader unit.
Title 10 published on 2013-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 10.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.