10 CFR 39.61 - Training.
prev | next
(i) The NRC regulations contained in the applicable sections of parts 19, 20, and 39 of this chapter;
(iii) The licensee's operating and emergency procedures required by § 39.63;
(3) Has completed on-the-job training and demonstrated competence in the use of licensed materials, remote handling tools, and radiation survey instruments by a field evaluation; and
(4) Has demonstrated understanding of the requirements in paragraphs (a) (1) and (2) of this section by successfully completing a written test.
(2) Has received copies of, and instruction in, the licensee's operating and emergency procedures required by § 39.63;
(3) Has demonstrated understanding of the materials listed in paragraphs (b) (1) and (2) of this section by successfully completing a written or oral test; and
(4) Has received instruction in the use of licensed materials, remote handling tools, and radiation survey instruments, as appropriate for the logging assistant's intended job responsibilities.
(c) The licensee shall provide safety reviews for logging supervisors and logging assistants at least once during each calendar year.
(d) The licensee shall maintain a record on each logging supervisor's and logging assistant's training and annual safety review. The training records must include copies of written tests and dates of oral tests given after July 14, 1987. The training records must be retained until 3 years following the termination of employment. Records of annual safety reviews must list the topics discussed and be retained for 3 years.
(e) The licensee shall include the following subjects in the training required in paragraph (a)(1) of this section:
(vi) Radiation safety practices, including prevention of contamination, and methods of decontamination.
Title 10 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.