(a) Upon consideration of the recommendation of the interagency review panel and other pertinent information, the manager—
(1) Shall determine whether the research and development to be performed complies with the standards and criteria of § 473.30 ;
(2) Shall obtain the concurrence of the DOE if the manager is not an employee of the DOE;
(3) Shall, in the event of a negative determination under this section, advise the applicant, in the case of a grant, cooperative agreement, or contract, and any interested person who filed a statement of objection; and
(4) Shall, in the event of an affirmative determination under this section, prepare a certification—
(i) Explaining the determination;
(ii) Discussing any allegedly related or comparable industrial research and development considered and deemed to be an inadequate basis for not certifying the grant or contract;
(iii) Discussing issues regarding cost sharing and patent rights related to the standards and criteria of § 473.30 of these regulations; and
(iv) Discussing any other relevant issue.
(b) After complying with paragraph (a) of this section, the manager shall sign the certification and distribute copies to the applicant, if any, and any interested person who filed a statement of objections—
(1) Immediately in the case of a DOE or agency project; and
(2) After the agreement has been negotiated in the case of a grant, cooperative agreement, or contract.
Title 10 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.