(a) Each application filed under § 590.201 shall contain the exact legal name of the applicant, the names, titles, and mailing addresses of a maximum of two persons for the official service list, a statement describing the action sought from FE, the justification for such action, including why the proposed action is not inconsistent with the public interest, and the FE docket number, if applicable.
(b) Each application shall include the matters listed below to the extent applicable. All factual matters shall be supported to the extent practicable by the necessary data or documents. Copies of relevant documents filed or intended to be filed with FERC may be submitted to satisfy the requirements of this section. Topics to be addressed or described shall include:
(1) The scope of the project, including the volumes of natural gas involved, expressed in either Mcf or Bcf and their Btu equivalents, the dates of commencement and completion of the proposed import or export, and the facilities to be utilized or constructed;
(2) The source and security of the natural gas supply to be imported or exported, including contract volumes and a description of the gas reserves supporting the project during the term of the requested authorization;
(3) Identification of all the participants in the transaction, including the parent company, if any, and identification of any corporate or other affiliations among the participants;
(4) The terms of the transaction, such as take-or-pay obligations, make-up provisions, and other terms that affect the marketability of the gas;
(5) The provisions of the import arrangement which establish the base price, volume requirements, transportation and other costs, and allow adjustments during the life of the project, and a demonstration as to why the import arrangement is and will remain competitive over the life of the project and is otherwise not inconsistent with the public interest;
(6) For proposed imports, the need for the natural gas by the applicant or applicant's prospective customers, including a description of the persons who are expected to purchase the natural gas; and for proposed exports, the lack of a national or regional need for the gas; and
(7) The potential environmental impact of the project. To the extent possible, the application shall include a listing and description of any environmental assessments or studies being performed on the proposed gas project. The application shall be updated as the status of any environmental assessments changes.
(c) The application shall also have attached a statement, including a signed opinion of legal counsel, showing that a proposed import or export of natural gas is within the corporate powers of the applicant and a copy of all relevant contracts and purchase agreements.
(d) The Assistant Secretary or the Assistant Secretary's delegate may at any time require the applicant and other parties to make supplemental filings of additional information necessary to resolve issues raised by the application.
(e) All information and data filed in support of or against an application will be placed in the official FE docket file of the proceeding and will not be afforded confidential treatment, unless the party shows why the information or data should be exempted from public disclosure and the Assistant Secretary or Assistant Secretary's delegate determines that such information or data shall be afforded confidential treatment. Such determination shall be made in accordance with 10 CFR 1004.11.