10 CFR 75.2 - Scope.
(a) All persons licensed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission or an Agreement State, or who hold a certificate of compliance, or construction permit or authorization issued by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission are subject to the requirements of this part. These requirements also apply to all persons who have filed an application with the NRC to construct a facility or to receive source or special nuclear material. Locations determined by the U.S. Government to be associated with activities or information of direct national security significance to the United States are excluded from these requirements. Specifically, these requirements pertain to the following locations and activities of licensees and certificate holders:
(1) A facility, as defined in § 75.4, and the site of the facility;
(2) A location performing nuclear fuel cycle-related research and development, as defined in § 75.4;
(3) A location manufacturing, assembling, or constructing nuclear fuel cycle-related equipment or materials as defined in § 75.4;
(4) A location of a uranium or thorium mine or concentration plant (e.g., in-situ leach mines and activities involving ore processing);
(5) A location importing or possessing “impure” source material [i.e., source material not in the form of purified chemical products (e.g., UF6, U metal, UO2)];
(6) A location possessing source or special nuclear material on which IAEA safeguards have been exempted or terminated;
(8) The activity of exporting source materials for non-nuclear purposes or exporting of non-nuclear material or equipment that is subject to export controls.
(b) Facilities referred to in § 75.2(a)(1) are also subject to the reporting requirements of § 75.6(b) and (c), IAEA inspections in § 75.8, Facility information in § 75.10, and the Material Accounting and Control requirements in §§ 75.21 through 75.45.
(c) Locations referred to in § 75.2(a)(2) through 75.2(a)(7) are also subject to the reporting requirements of § 75.6(b) and (d), and IAEA inspections in § 75.8, and location information in § 75.11.
[73 FR 78607, Dec. 23, 2008]
Title 10 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.