(a) Each licensee or certificate holder who has been given notice by the Commission in writing that its facility has been identified under the Safeguards Agreement shall establish, maintain, and follow written material accounting and control procedures. The licensee or certificate holder shall retain as a record current material accounting and control procedures until the Commission terminates the license or certificate for the facility involved with the request or until the Commission notifies the licensee or certificate holder that the licensee or certificate holder is no longer under the Safeguards Agreement. Superseded material must be retained for 3 years after each change is made.
(b) The material accounting and control procedures required by paragraph (a) of this section shall include, as appropriate:
(1) A measurement system for the determination of the quantities of nuclear material received, produced, shipped, lost or otherwise removed from inventory, and the quantities on inventory;
(2) The evaluation of precision and accuracy of measurements and the estimation of measurement uncertainty;
(3) Procedures for identifying, reviewing and evaluating differences in shipper/receiver measurements;
(4) Procedures, including frequency, for taking a physical inventory;
(5) Procedures for the evaluation of accumulations of unmeasured inventory and unmeasured losses; and
(6) A system of accounting and operating records.
(c) (1) The procedures must, unless otherwise specified in license or certificate conditions, conform to the facility information submitted by the licensee under § 75.10.
(2) Until facility information has been submitted by the applicant, licensee, or certificate holder, the procedures must be sufficient to document changes in the quantity of nuclear material in or at its facility. Observance of the procedures described in §§ 40.61 or 74.15 of this chapter (or the corresponding provisions of the regulations of an Agreement State) by any applicant, licensee, or certificate holder subject thereto constitutes compliance with this paragraph.
(d) The requirements of this section are in addition to any other requirements of this chapter, relating to material accounting and control, that may apply to the licensee.
[45 FR 50711, July 31, 1980, as amended at 53 FR 19263, May 27, 1988; 67 FR 78149, Dec. 23, 2002; 73 FR 78613, Dec. 23, 2008]
Title 10 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.