10 CFR 784.9 - Content of waiver requests.
(a) Forms (OMB No. 1901-0800) for submitting requests for advance and identified invention waivers, indicating the necessary information, may be obtained from the Contracting Officer or Patent Counsel. All requests for advance and identified invention waivers shall include the following information:
(1) The requestor's identification, business address, and, if represented by Counsel, the Counsel's name and address;
(2) An identification of the pertinent contract or proposed contract and a copy of the contract Statement of Work or a nonproprietary statement which fully describes the proposed work to be performed;
(4) A full and detailed statement of facts, to the extent known by or available to the requestor, directed to each of the considerations set forth in §§ 784.4 or 784.5 of this part, as applicable, and a statement applying such facts and considerations to the policies set forth in § 784.3 of this part. It is important that this submission be tailored to the unique aspects of each request for waiver, and be as complete as feasible; and
(5) The signature of the requestor or authorized representative with the following statement: “The facts set forth in this request for waiver are within the knowledge of the requestor and are submitted with the intention that the Secretary or designee rely on them in reaching the waiver determination.”
(b) In addition to the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section, requests for waiver of identified inventions shall include:
(2) A statement of whether a patent application has been filed on the invention, together with a copy of such application if filed or, if not filed, a complete description of the invention;
(3) If a patent application has not been filed, any information which may indicate a potential statutory bar to the patenting of the invention under 35 U.S.C. 102 or a statement that no such bar is known to exist; and
(4) Where the requestor is the inventor, written authorization from the applicable contractor or subcontractor permitting the inventor to request a waiver.
(c) Subject to statutes, DOE regulations, requirements, and restrictions on the treatment of proprietary and classified information; all material submitted in requests for waiver or in support thereof will be made available to the public after a determination on the waiver request has been made, regardless of whether a waiver is granted. Accordingly, requests for waiver should not normally contain information or data that the requestor is not willing to have made public. If proprietary or classified information is needed to make the waiver determination, such information shall be submitted only at the request of Patent Counsel.
Title 10 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.