Unless generally authorized by § 810.7, a person requires specific authorization by the Secretary of Energy before:
(a) Engaging directly or indirectly in the production of special nuclear material in any of the following countries. Countries marked with an asterisk (*) are non-nuclear-weapon states that do not have full-scope IAEA safeguards agreements in force.
Central African Republic*
China, People's Republic of
Korea, People's Democratic Republic of*
Sao Tome and Principe*
United Arab Emirates*
(b) Providing sensitive nuclear technology for an activity in any foreign country.
(c) Engaging in or providing assistance or training in any of the following activities with respect to any foreign country.
(1) Designing production reactors, accelerator-driven subcritical assembly systems, or facilities for the separation of isotopes of source or SNM (enrichment), chemical processing of irradiated SNM (reprocessing), fabrication of nuclear fuel containing plutonium, or the production of heavy water;
(2) Constructing, fabricating, operating, or maintaining such reactors, accelerator-driven subcritical assembly systems, or facilities;
(3) Designing, constructing, fabricating, operating or maintaining components especially designed, modified or adapted for use in such reactors, accelerator-driven subcritical assembly systems, or facilities;
(4) Designing, constructing, fabricating, operating or maintaining major critical components for use in such reactors, accelerator-driven subcritical assembly systems, or production-scale facilities; or
(5) Designing, constructing, fabricating, operating, or maintaining research reactors, test reactors or subcritical assemblies capable of continuous operation above five megawatts thermal.
(6) Training in the activities of paragraphs (c)(1) through (5) of this section.
[65 FR 16127, Mar. 27, 2000; 65 FR 26278, May 5, 2000]
Title 10 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.