10 CFR 810.8 - Activities requiring specific authorization.
Unless generally authorized by § 810.7, a person requires specific authorization by the Secretary of Energy before:
(a) Engaging directly or indirectly in the production of special nuclear material in any of the following countries. Countries marked with an asterisk (*) are non-nuclear-weapon states that do not have full-scope IAEA safeguards agreements in force.
Afghanistan Albania Algeria Andorra* Angola* Armenia Azerbaijan* Bahrain* Belarus Benin* Botswana* Burkina Faso* Burma (Myanmar) Burundi* Cambodia* Cameroon* Cape Verde* Central African Republic* Chad* China, People's Republic of Comoros* Congo* (Zaire) Cuba* Djibouti* Equatorial Guinea* Eritrea* Gabon* Georgia* Guinea* Guinea-Bissau* Haiti* India* Iran Iraq* Israel* Kazakhstan Kenya* Korea, People's Democratic Republic of* Kuwait* Kyrgyzstan* Laos* Liberia* Libya Macedonia Mali* Marshall Islands* Mauritania* Micronesia* Moldova* Mongolia Mozambique* Niger* Oman* Pakistan* Palau* Qatar* Russia Rwanda* Sao Tome and Principe* Saudi Arabia* Seychelles* Sierra Leone* Somalia* Sudan Syria Tajikistan* Tanzania* Togo* Turkmenistan* Uganda* Ukraine United Arab Emirates* Uzbekistan Vanuatu* Vietnam Yemen* Yugoslavia
(c) Engaging in or providing assistance or training in any of the following activities with respect to any foreign country.
(1) Designing production reactors, accelerator-driven subcritical assembly systems, or facilities for the separation of isotopes of source or SNM (enrichment), chemical processing of irradiated SNM (reprocessing), fabrication of nuclear fuel containing plutonium, or the production of heavy water;
(2) Constructing, fabricating, operating, or maintaining such reactors, accelerator-driven subcritical assembly systems, or facilities;
(3) Designing, constructing, fabricating, operating or maintaining components especially designed, modified or adapted for use in such reactors, accelerator-driven subcritical assembly systems, or facilities;
(4) Designing, constructing, fabricating, operating or maintaining major critical components for use in such reactors, accelerator-driven subcritical assembly systems, or production-scale facilities; or
(5) Designing, constructing, fabricating, operating, or maintaining research reactors, test reactors or subcritical assemblies capable of continuous operation above five megawatts thermal.
Title 10 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.