(a) A requester shall file a request for coordination with the Director.
(b) The request shall contain:
(1) The exact legal name of the requester; its principal place of business; whether the requester is an individual, partnership, corporation, or other entity; the State laws under which the requester is organized or authorized; and the name, title, and mailing address of the person or persons to whom communications concerning the request for coordination are to be addressed;
(2) A concise general description of the proposed transmission facility sufficient to explain its scope and purpose, including:
(i) The voltage and type of current (alternating or direct);
(ii) The length of the transmission line;
(iii) The design and height of the support structures;
(iv) The proposed route (including the beginning and ending nodes of the transmission project, and a brief geographical description of the proposed route);
(v) A map of the proposed route (if available);
(vi) Any ancillary facilities associated with the proposed route;
(vii) The proposed dates for the beginning and completion of construction and the commencement of service;
(viii) Whether the applicant for a Federal authorization of the proposed transmission facility has submitted an interconnection request with a transmission organization or electric reliability organization approved by FERC; and
(ix) The anticipated length of time the proposed transmission facility will be in service;
(3) A list of all permitting entities from which Federal authorizations pertaining to the proposed transmission facility are needed, including the docket numbers of pending applications with permitting entities;
(4) A list of non-Federal entities that have their own separate non-Federal permitting and environmental reviews pertaining to the proposed transmission facility, including the docket numbers of relevant applications;
(5) A signed statement to the Director that the requester has served a copy of the request for coordination to all permitting entities, and all non-Federal entities that have their own separate non-Federal permitting and environmental reviews; and
(6) A statement by the requester certifying that it has informed the non-Federal entities that have their own separate non-Federal permitting and environmental reviews pertaining to the proposed transmission facility that they may coordinate their permitting and environmental reviews with DOE and the permitting entities pursuant to section 16 U.S.C. 824p(h)(4)(A). The statement should list the specific persons served and other pertinent contact information at all permitting entities and all non-Federal entities.
(c) The written request for coordination may be filed by mail or hand delivery with the Director at 1000 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, DC 20585, or electronically in MS Word or PDF formats at SEC216h@hq.doe.gov. Electronic filing is DOE's preferred method. If filing by hand or mail, DOE requests that an electronic copy be filed as well.
(d) Upon receipt, DOE will post and make publicly available at http://www.oe.energy.gov/fed_transmission.htm each request for coordination and any subsequent correspondence and material filed with DOE in connection with the request, except for information exempt from disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Title 10 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.