§ 106.8Allocation of expenses for political party committee phone banks that refer to a clearly identified Federal candidate.
(a)Scope. This section applies to the costs of a phone bank conducted by a national, State, district, or local committee or organization of a political party where—
(1) The communication refers to a clearly identified Federal candidate;
(2) The communication does not refer to any other clearly identified Federal or non-Federal candidate;
(3) The communication includes another reference that generically refers to other candidates of the Federal candidate's party without clearly identifying them;
(4) The communication does not solicit a contribution, donation, or any other funds from any person; and
(5) The phone bank is not exempt from the definition of “contribution” under 11 CFR 100.89 and is not exempt from the definition of “expenditure” under 11 CFR 100.149.
(b)Attribution. Each disbursement for the costs of a phone bank described in paragraph (a) of this section shall be attributed as follows:
(1) Fifty percent of the disbursement is not attributable to any other Federal or non-Federal candidate, but must be paid for entirely with Federal funds; and
(2) Fifty percent of the disbursement is attributed to the clearly identified Federal candidate and must be paid for entirely with Federal funds. This disbursement may be one or a combination of the following:
(i) An in-kind contribution, subject to the limitations set forth in 11 CFR 110.1 or 110.2; or
(ii) A coordinated expenditure or an independent expenditure, subject to the limitations, restrictions, and requirements of 11 CFR 109.10, 109.32, and 109.33; or
(iii) Reimbursed by the clearly identified Federal candidate or his or her authorized committee.
[68 FR 64520, Nov. 14, 2003, as amended at 69 FR 63920, Nov. 3, 2004]
Title 11 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.