11 CFR 9003.1 - Candidate and committee agreements.
prev | next
(1) To become eligible to receive payments under 11 CFR part 9005, the Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates of a political party shall agree in a letter signed by the candidates to the Commission that they and their authorized committee(s) shall comply with the conditions set forth in 11 CFR 9003.1(b).
(2) Major party candidates shall sign and submit such letter to the Commission within 14 days after receiving the party's nomination for election. Minor and new party candidates shall sign and submit such letter within 14 days after such candidates have qualified to appear on the general election ballot in 10 or more states pursuant to 11 CFR 9002.2(a)(2). The Commission, on written request by a minor or new party candidate, at any time prior to the date of the general election, may extend the deadline for filing such letter except that the deadline shall be a date prior to the date of the general election.
(1) Agree that they have the burden of proving that disbursements made by them or any authorized committee(s) or agent(s) thereof are qualified campaign expenses as defined in 11 CFR 9002.11.
(2) Agree that they and their authorized committee(s) shall comply with the documentation requirements set forth at 11 CFR 9003.5.
(3) Agree that they and their authorized committee(s) shall provide an explanation, in addition to complying with the documentation requirements, of the connection between any disbursements made by the candidates or the authorized committee(s) of the candidates and the campaign if requested by the Commission.
(4) Agree that they and their authorized committee(s) will keep and furnish to the Commission all documentation relating to receipts and disbursements including any books, records (including bank records for all accounts), all documentation required by this subchapter (including those required to be maintained under 11 CFR 9003.5), and other information that the Commission may request. If the candidate or the candidate's authorized committee maintains or uses computerized information containing any of the categories of data listed in 11 CFR 9003.6(a), the committee will provide computerized magnetic media, such as magnetic tapes or magnetic diskettes, containing the computerized information that meets the requirements of 11 CFR 9003.6(b) at the times specified in 11 CFR 9007.1(b)(1). Upon request, documentation explaining the computer system's software capabilities shall be provided, and such personnel as are necessary to explain the operation of the computer system's software and the computerized information prepared or maintained by the committee shall also be made available.
(5) Agree that they and their authorized committee(s) shall obtain and furnish to the Commission upon request all documentation relating to funds received and disbursements made on the candidate's behalf by other political committees and organizations associated with the candidate.
(6) Agree that they and their authorized committee(s) shall permit an audit and examination pursuant to 11 CFR part 9007 of all receipts and disbursements including those made by the candidate, all authorized committees and any agent or person authorized to make expenditures on behalf of the candidate or committee(s). The candidate and authorized committee(s) shall facilitate the audit by making available in one central location, office space, records and such personnel as are necessary to conduct the audit and examination, and shall pay any amounts required to be repaid under 11 CFR part 9007.
(7) Submit the name and mailing address of the person who is entitled to receive payments from the Fund on behalf of the candidates; the name and address of the depository designated by the candidates as required by 11 CFR part 103 and 11 CFR 9005.2; and the name under which each account is held at the depository at which the payments from the Fund are to be deposited.
(8) Agree that they and their authorized committee(s) shall comply with the applicable requirements of 2 U.S.C. 431 et seq., 26 U.S.C. 9001 et seq., and the Commission's regulations at 11 CFR parts 100-300, and 9001-9012.
(9) Agree that they and their authorized committee(s) shall pay any civil penalties included in a conciliation agreement or otherwise imposed under 2 U.S.C. 437g against the candidates, any authorized committees of the candidates or any agent thereof.
(10) Agree that any television commercial prepared or distributed by the candidate or the candidate's authorized committee(s) will be prepared in a manner which ensures that the commercial contains or is accompanied by closed captioning of the oral content of the commercial to be broadcast in line 21 of the vertical blanking interval, or is capable of being viewed by deaf and hearing impaired individuals via any comparable successor technology to line 21 of the vertical blanking interval.
Title 11 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.