11 CFR 9035.3 - Contributions to and expenditures by Vice Presidential candidates.
prev | next
(a) Aggregation of contributions and expenditures. For purposes of the limitations on contributions and expenditures of this part and part 110, contributions to, and expenditures by, the authorized committee of a candidate who becomes the nominee of a political party for the office of Vice President of the United States shall be aggregated with contributions to and expenditures by the publicly funded primary candidate who obtains that political party's nomination for the office of President of the United States, provided that the contributions to or expenditures by the authorized committee of the Vice Presidential candidate were made on or after the date on which—
(1) The Presidential or Vice Presidential candidate publicly indicates that the two candidates intend to run on the same ticket;
(2) The candidate for the office of Vice President accepts an offer by the publicly funded primary candidate for the office of President, or by the Presidential candidate's agent(s), to run on the same ticket; or
(3) The Presidential and Vice Presidential committees become affiliated pursuant to 11 CFR 100.5(g)(4)(i) or (ii).
(b) Exceptions. The following expenditures, if incurred by the authorized committee of a candidate who subsequently becomes the nominee of a political party for the office of Vice President of the United States, will not be aggregated under paragraph (a) of this section:
(1) The cost of attendance by the candidate, the candidate's family, and the candidate's authorized committee's staff at a political party's national nominating convention, including the cost of transportation, lodging, and subsistence;
(2) The cost of legal and accounting services associated with background checks during the Vice Presidential selection process; and
(3) The cost of raising funds for the expenses listed in paragraphs (b)(1) and (b)(2) of this section.
[64 FR 61781, Nov. 15, 1999]
Title 11 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.