12 CFR 1291.2 - Required annual AHP contributions; allocation of contributions.
(1) 10 percent of the Bank's net earnings for the previous year; or
(2) That Bank's pro rata share of an aggregate of $100 million to be contributed in total by the Banks, such proration being made on the basis of the net earnings of the Banks for the previous year, except that the required annual AHP contribution for a Bank shall not exceed its net earnings in the previous year.
(b) Allocation of contributions. Each Bank, after consultation with its Advisory Council and pursuant to written policies adopted by the Bank's board of directors, shall allocate its annual required AHP contribution as follows:
(1) Competitive application program. Each Bank shall allocate annually that portion of its annual required AHP contribution that is not set aside to fund homeownership set-aside programs under paragraph (b)(2) of this section, to provide funds to members through a competitive application program, pursuant to the requirements of this part.
(2) Homeownership set-aside programs—(i) Allocation amount; first-time homebuyers. A Bank, in its discretion, may set aside annually, in the aggregate, up to the greater of $4.5 million or 35% of the Bank's annual required AHP contribution to provide funds to members participating in homeownership set-aside programs, including a mortgage refinancing set-aside program established under § 1291.6(f), provided that at least one-third of the Bank's aggregate annual set-aside allocation to such programs shall be to assist first-time homebuyers, pursuant to the requirements of this part.
(ii) No delegation. A Bank's board of directors shall not delegate to Bank officers or other Bank employees the responsibility for adopting its homeownership set-aside program policies.
(3) Additional funding. A Bank may accelerate to its current year's program from future annual required AHP contributions an amount up to the greater of $5 million or 20% of its annual required AHP contribution for the current year. The Bank may credit the amount of the accelerated contribution against required AHP contributions under this part 1291 over one or more of the subsequent five years.
Title 12 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.