§ 16.3Registration statement and prospectus requirements.
(a) No person shall offer or sell, directly or indirectly, any bank issued security unless:
(1) A registration statement for the security meeting the requirements of § 16.15 of this part has been filed with and declared effective by the OCC pursuant to this part, and the offer or sale is accompanied or preceded by a prospectus that has been filed with and declared effective by the OCC as a part of that registration statement; or
(2) An exemption is available under § 16.5 of this part.
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this section, securities of a bank may be offered through the use of a preliminary prospectus before a registration statement and prospectus for the securities have been declared effective by the OCC if:
(1) A registration statement including the preliminary prospectus has been filed with the OCC;
(2) The preliminary prospectus contains the information required by § 16.15 of this part except for the omission of information with respect to the offering price, underwriting discounts or commissions, discounts or commissions to dealers, amount of proceeds, conversion rates, call prices, or other matters dependent upon the offering price; and
(3) A copy of the prospectus as declared effective containing the information specified in paragraph (b)(2) of this section is furnished to each purchaser prior to or simultaneously with the sale of the security.
(c) Commission Rule 174 (17 CFR 230.174—Delivery of prospectus by dealers; Exemptions under section 4(3) of the Act) applies to transactions by dealers in bank issued securities.
Title 12 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 12.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.