(a) In the case of an Applicant with severe constraints on available sources of matching funds, the Fund, in its sole discretion, may permit such Applicant to comply with the matching requirements by:
(1) Reducing such requirements by up to 50 percent; or
(2) Permitting an Applicant to provide matching funds in a form to be determined at the discretion of the Fund, if such an Applicant:
(i) Has total assets of less than $100,000;
(ii) Serves an area that is not a Metropolitan Area; and
(iii) Is not requesting more than $25,000 in assistance.
(b) Not more than 25 percent of the total funds available for obligation under this part in any fiscal year may be matched as described in paragraph (a) of this section. Additionally, not more than 25 percent of the total funds disbursed under this part in any fiscal year may be matched as described in paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) An Applicant may request a “severe constraints waiver” as part of its application for assistance. An Applicant shall provide a narrative justification for its request, indicating:
(1) The cause and extent of the constraints on raising matching funds;
(2) Efforts to date, results, and projections for raising matching funds;
(3) A description of the matching funds expected to be raised; and
(4) Any additional information requested by the Fund.
(d) The Fund will grant a “severe constraints waiver” only in exceptional circumstances when it has been demonstrated, to the satisfaction of the Fund, that an Investment Area(s) or Targeted Population(s) would not be adequately served without the waiver.
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.