(a) Except as provided in this subpart, subpart A of this part applies to proceedings by the Comptroller to determine whether, pursuant to authority contained in sections 15B(c)(5), 15C(c)(2)(A), 17A(c)(3), and 17A(c)(4)(C) of the Exchange Act (15 U.S.C. 78o-4(c)(5), 78o-5(c)(2)(A), 78q-1(c)(3)(A), and 78q-1(c)(4)(C)), to take disciplinary action against the following:
(1) A bank which is a municipal securities dealer, or any person associated or seeking to become associated with such a municipal securities dealer;
(2) A bank which is a government securities broker or dealer, or any person associated with such government securities broker or dealer; or
(3) A bank which is a transfer agent, or any person associated or seeking to become associated with such transfer agent.
(b) In addition to the issuance of disciplinary orders after opportunity for hearing, the Comptroller or the Comptroller's delegate may issue and serve any notices and temporary or permanent cease-and-desist orders and take any actions that are authorized by section 8 of the FDIA (12 U.S.C. 1818 ), sections 15B(c)(5), 15C(c)(2)(B), and 17A(d)(2) of the Exchange Act, and other subparts of this part against the following:
(1) The parties listed in paragraph (a) of this section; and
(2) A bank which is a clearing agency.
(c) Nothing in this subpart impairs the powers conferred on the Comptroller by other provisions of law.
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 12.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.