For purposes of this part, the following definitions apply:
(a) Adequately capitalized has the same meaning as adequately capitalized in 12 CFR 6.4.
(b) Capital and surplus means:
(1) A bank's Tier 1 and Tier 2 capital calculated under the OCC's risk-based capital standards set out in appendix A to 12 CFR part 3 as reported in the bank's Consolidated Report of Condition and Income as filed under 12 U.S.C. 161; plus
(2) The balance of a bank's allowance for loan and lease losses not included in the bank's Tier 2 capital, for purposes of the calculation of risk-based capital under appendix A to 12 CFR part 3, as reported in the bank's Consolidated Report of Condition and Income as filed under 12 U.S.C. 161.
(c) Community and economic development entity (CEDE) means an entity that makes investments or conducts activities that primarily benefit low- and moderate-income individuals, low- and moderate-income areas, or other areas targeted by a governmental entity for redevelopment, or would receive consideration as “qualified investments” under 12 CFR 25.23. The following is a non-exclusive list of examples of the types of entities that may be CEDEs:
(1) National bank community development corporation subsidiaries;
(2) Private or nonbank community development corporations;
(3) CDFI Fund-certified Community Development Financial Institutions or Community Development Entities;
(4) Limited liability companies or limited partnerships;
(5) Community development loan funds or lending consortia;
(6) Community development real estate investment trusts;
(7) Business development companies;
(8) Community development closed-end mutual funds;
(9) Non-diversified closed-end investment companies; and
(10) Community development venture or equity capital funds.
(d) Community development Project (CD Project) means a project to make an investment that meets the requirements of § 24.3.
(e) Eligible bank means, for purposes of § 24.5, a national bank that:
(1) Is well capitalized;
(2) Has a composite rating of 1 or 2 under the Uniform Financial Institutions Rating System;
(3) Has a Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) rating of “Outstanding” or “Satisfactory”; and
(4) Is not subject to a cease and desist order, consent order, formal written agreement, or Prompt Corrective Action directive (see 12 CFR part 6, subpart B) or, if subject to any such order, agreement or directive, is informed in writing by the OCC that the bank may be treated as an “eligible bank” for purposes of this part.
(f) Low-income and moderate-income have the same meanings as “low-income” and “moderate-income” in 12 CFR 25.12(m).
(g) Significant risk to the deposit insurance fund means a substantial probability that any Federal deposit insurance fund could suffer a loss.
(h) Small business means a business, including a small farm or minority-owned small business, that meets the qualifications for Small Business Administration Development Company or Small Business Investment Company loan programs in 13 CFR 121.301.
(i) Well capitalized has the same meaning as well capitalized in 12 CFR 6.4.
[61 FR 49660, Sept. 23, 1996, as amended at 68 FR 48775, Aug. 15, 2003; 73 FR 22244, Apr. 24, 2008; 73 FR 46534, Aug. 11, 2008]
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.