When used in this part, the following terms have the meanings indicated:
(a) Board employees means:
(1) Members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (“Board”), officers, and other employees of the Board, including experts or consultants while employed by, and acting on behalf of, the Board; and
(2) Spouses (unless separated) or dependents (within the meaning of section 152 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (26 U.S.C. 152 )) of such persons.
(b) Foreign government means:
(1) Any unit of foreign governmental authority, including any foreign national, State, local, or municipal government;
(2) Any international or multinational organization whose membership is composed of any unit of foreign government as described in paragraph (b)(1) of this section; and
(3) Any agent or representative of any such unit or organization, while acting as such.
(c) Gift means a tangible or intangible present (other than a decoration) tendered by, or received from, a foreign government.
(d) Decoration means an order, device, medal, badge, insignia, emblem, or award tendered by, or received from, a foreign government.
(e) Minimal value means retail value in the United States at the time of acceptance of $285 or less as of January 1, 2002, and at 3-year intervals thereafter, as redefined in regulations prescribed by the Administrator of General Services, in consultation with the Secretary of State, to reflect changes in the consumer price index for the immediately preceding 3-year period.
(f) Administrative Governor means the Board member serving as the Administrative Governor and includes persons designated by the Administrative Governor to exercise the authority granted under this part in the governor's absence.
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.