(h)FDIC means the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
(i)Final order means an order issued by the FDIC with or without the consent of the affected institution or the institution-affiliated party, that has become final, without regard to the pendency of any petition for reconsideration or review.
(1) Any bank as that term is defined in section 3(a) of the FDIA (12 U.S.C. 1813(a));
(2) Any bank holding company or any subsidiary (other than a bank) of a bank holding company as those terms are defined in the BHCA (12 U.S.C. 1841et seq.);
(3) Any savings association as that term is defined in section 3(b) of the FDIA (12 U.S.C. 1813(b)), any savings and loan holding company or any subsidiary thereof (other than a bank) as those terms are defined in section 10(a) of the HOLA (12 U.S.C. 1467(a));
(4) Any organization operating under section 25 of the FRA (12 U.S.C. 601et seq.);
(5) Any foreign bank or company to which section 8 of the IBA (12 U.S.C. 3106), applies or any subsidiary (other than a bank) thereof; and
(6) Any federal agency as that term is defined in section 1(b) of the IBA (12 U.S.C. 3101(5)).
(l)Local Rules means those rules promulgated by the FDIC in those subparts of this part other than subpart A.
(m)Office of Financial Institution Adjudication (“OFIA”) means the executive body charged with overseeing the administration of administrative enforcement proceedings of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (“OCC”), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board (“FRB”), the FDIC, the Office of Thrift Supervision (“OTS”) and the National Credit Union Administration (“NCUA”).
(o)Person means an individual, sole proprietor, partnership, corporation, unincorporated association, trust, joint venture, pool, syndicate, agency or other entity or organization, including an institution as defined in paragraph (j) of this section.
(p)Respondent means any party other than the FDIC.
(q)Uniform Rules means those rules in subpart A of this part that pertain to the types of formal administrative enforcement actions set forth at § 308.01 and as specified in subparts B through P of this part.
(r)Violation includes any action (alone or with another or others) for or toward causing, bringing about, participating in, counseling, or aiding or abetting a violation.
Title 12 published on 2014-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 12.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.