(a) Bank means an insured State nonmember bank as defined in section 3 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
(b) Dwelling means any building, structure, or portion thereof which is occupied as, or designed or intended for occupancy as, a residence by one or more families, and any vacant land wihch is offered for sale or lease for the construction or location thereon of any such building, structure, portion thereof.
(c) Handicap means, with respect to a person:
(1) A physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more of such person's major life activities;
(2) A record of having such an impairment; or
(3) Being regarded as having such an impairment, but such term does not include current, illegal use of or addition to a controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802 )).
(d) Familial status means one or more individuals (who have not attained the age of 18 years) being domiciled with:
(1) A parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals; or
(2) The designee of such parent or other person having such custody, with the written persmission of such parent or other person.
The protections afforded against discrimination on the basis of familial status shall apply to any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any indivdual who has not attained the age of 18 years.
[56 FR 50039, Oct. 3, 1991]
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.