(a) General. This part implements section 711 of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (12 U.S.C. 1831y ). That section requires any nongovernmental entity or person (NGEP), insured depository institution, or affiliate of an insured depository institution that enters into a covered agreement to—
(1) Make the covered agreement available to the public and the appropriate Federal banking agency; and
(2) File an annual report with the appropriate Federal banking agency concerning the covered agreement.
(b) Scope of this part. The provisions of this part apply to—
(1) Savings associations and their subsidiaries;
(2) Savings and loan holding companies;
(3) Affiliates of savings associations and savings and loan holding companies, other than bank holding companies, banks, and subsidiaries of bank holding companies and banks; and
(4) NGEPs that enter into covered agreements with any company listed in paragraphs (b)(1) through (b)(3) of this section.
(c) Relation to Community Reinvestment Act. This part does not affect in any way the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 (CRA) (12 U.S.C. 2901et seq. ), OTS's Community Reinvestment rule ( 12 CFR Part 563e ), or OTS's interpretations or administration of the CRA or Community Reinvestment rule.
(d) Examples.(1) The examples in this part are not exclusive. Compliance with an example, to the extent applicable, constitutes compliance with this part.
(2) Examples in a paragraph illustrate only the issue described in the paragraph and do not illustrate any other issues that may arise in this part.
Title 12 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.