12 CFR 543.9 - Application for conversion to Federal mutual charter.
(1) Filing. Any depository institution that proposes to convert to a Federal mutual association as provided in § 543.8 must, after approval by its board of directors, file an application on forms obtained from OTS. The applicant must submit any financial statements or other information OTS may require.
(2) Procedures. An application for conversion filed under this section is subject to the procedures for organization of a federal mutual association at § 543.2(d) through (f) of this chapter.
(b) Plan of conversion. The applicant shall submit with its application a plan of conversion specifying the location of the home office and any branch offices to be maintained by the Federal savings association, and providing for:
(2) Satisfaction in full or assumption by the Federal savings association of all creditor obligations of the applicant;
(3) Issuance by the Federal savings association of savings accounts to current holders of withdrawable accounts in an amount equalling the value of such accounts; and
(4) If applicable, issuance of additional savings accounts to current holders of nonwithdrawable capital stock of the applicant in an amount equalling the value of their nonwithdrawable capital stock, including the present value of any preference to which such holders are entitled.
(c) Action on application. The OTS will consider such application and any information submitted with the application, and may approve the application in accordance with section 5(e) of the Home Owners' Loan Act and § 543.2(g)(1). Converting depository institutions that have been in existence less than three years will be subject to all approval criteria and other requirements applicable to de novo Federal associations. Approval of an application and issuance by the OTS of a charter will be subject to:
(2) Receipt by the applicant of approval of the plan of conversion by such vote as may be required by the laws of the applicant's jurisdiction to consider such action;
(3) In the case of a converting association the accounts of which are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, receipt by the OTS of written confirmation from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation that the accounts of the converting association will be insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation; and
(4) Receipt by the OTS of written confirmation from the appropriate Federal Home Loan Bank of approval of the converting institution's application for Federal Home Loan Bank membership, if the institution is not a member.
Title 12 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.