(a) CRA performance. Among other factors, the OTS takes into account the record of performance under the CRA of each applicant savings association, and for applications under section 10(e) of the Home Owners' Loan Act (12 U.S.C. 1467a(e) ), of each proposed subsidiary savings association, in considering an application for:
(1) The establishment of a domestic branch or other facility that would be authorized to take deposits;
(2) The relocation of the main office or a branch;
(3) The merger or consolidation with or the acquisition of the assets or assumption of the liabilities of an insured depository institution requiring OTS approval under the Bank Merger Act (12 U.S.C. 1828(c) );
(4) A Federal thrift charter; and
(5) Acquisitions subject to section 10(e) of the Home Owners' Loan Act (12 U.S.C. 1467a(e) ).
(b) Charter application. An applicant for a Federal thrift charter shall submit with its application a description of how it will meet its CRA objectives. The OTS takes the description into account in considering the application and may deny or condition approval on that basis.
(c) Interested parties. The OTS takes into account any views expressed by interested parties that are submitted in accordance with the applicable comment procedures in considering CRA performance in an application listed in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section.
(d) Denial or conditional approval of application. A savings association's record of performance may be the basis for denying or conditioning approval of an application listed in paragraph (a) of this section.
(e) Insured depository institution. For purposes of this section, the term “insured depository institution” has the meaning given to that term in 12 U.S.C. 1813.
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.