(b)Board means the Farm Credit Administration Board.
(c)Act means the Farm Credit Act of 1971, as amended. 12 U.S.C. 2001, et seq.
(d) The terms institution in the System, System institution and institution mean all institutions enumerated in section 1.2 of the Act, any institution chartered pursuant to or established by the Act, except for the Farm Credit System Assistance Board and the Farm Credit System Insurance Corporation and any service organization chartered under part E of title IV of the Act.
(e) The term presiding officer includes the Board, one or more members thereof, FCA employees, or an administrative law judge. As used in this part, the term shall be construed to refer to whichever of the above-identified individuals presides at a hearing or other proceeding, except as otherwise specified in the text;
(f) The term attorney means any person who is a member in good standing of the bar of the highest court of any State, possession, territory, Commonwealth or the District of Columbia;
(g) The term practice means transacting any business with the FCA, including but not limited to:
(1) The representation of another person at any adjudicatory, investigatory, removal or rulemaking proceeding conducted before the FCA or a presiding officer;
(2) The preparation or certification of any statement, opinion, report of financial condition and performance, financial statement, appraisal report, audit report, or other document or report by any attorney, accountant, appraiser or other person which is filed with or submitted to the FCA, with such person's consent or knowledge in connection with any filing with the FCA;
(3) A presentation to the FCA or a presiding officer at a conference or meeting relating to an institution's or person's rights, privileges or liabilities under the laws administered by the FCA and rules and regulations promulgated thereunder;
(4) Any business correspondence or communication with the FCA or a presiding officer; and
(5) The transaction of any other business with the FCA on behalf of another, in the capacity of an attorney, accountant, appraiser, licensed expert or any other capacity.
[51 FR 21147, June 11, 1986, as amended at 53 FR 27285, July 19, 1988]
Title 12 published on 2013-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 12.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.