(a) Upon approval of the merger plan by the boards of directors of the credit unions, the credit unions must submit the following information to the Regional Director:
(1) The merger plan, as described in this part;
(2) Resolutions of the boards of directors;
(3) Proposed Merger Agreement;
(4) Proposed Notice of Special Meeting of the Members (for merging federal credit unions);
(5) Copy of the form of Ballot to be sent to the members (for merging federal credit unions);
(6) Evidence that the state's supervisory authority approves the merger proposal (for states that require such agreement before NCUA approval);
(7) Application and Agreement for Insurance of Member Accounts (for continuing state credit unions desiring to become federally-insured);
(8) If the merging credit union's assets on its latest call report are equal to or greater than the threshold amount established annually by the Federal Trade Commission under 15 U.S.C. 18a(a)(2)(B)(i), currently $63.4 million, a statement about whether the two credit unions intend to make a Hart-Scott-Rodino Act premerger notification filing with the Federal Trade Commission and, if not, an explanation why not; and
(9) For mergers where the continuing credit union is not federally-insured and will not apply for federal insurance:
(i) A written statement from the continuing credit union that it “is aware of the requirements of 12 U.S.C. 1831t(b), including all notification and acknowledgment requirements”; and
(ii) Proof that the accounts of the credit union will be accepted for coverage by the nonfederal insurer (if the credit union will have nonfederal insurance).
[70 FR 3288, Jan. 24, 2005, as amended at 75 FR 81394, Dec. 28, 2010]
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.