Collection of information from individuals; information forms.
(a) The system manager for each system of records is responsible for reviewing all forms developed and used to collect information from or about individuals for incorporation into the system of records.
(b) The purpose of the review shall be to eliminate any requirement for information that is not relevant and necessary to carry out an NCUA function and to accomplish the following objectives:
(1) To ensure that no information concerning religion, political beliefs or activities, association memberships (other than those required for a professional license), or the exercise of other First Amendment rights is required to be disclosed unless such requirement of disclosure is expressly authorized by statute or by the individual about whom the record is maintained, or unless pertinent to and within the scope of any authorized law enforcement activity;
(2) To ensure that the form or accompanying statement makes clear to the individual which information by law must be disclosed and the authority for that requirement, and which information is voluntary;
(3) To ensure that the form or accompanying statement makes clear the principal purpose or purposes for which the information is being collected, and states concisely the routine uses that will be made of the information;
(4) To ensure that the form or accompanying statement clearly indicates to the individual the effects on him or her, if any, of refusing to provide some or all of the requested information; and
(5) To ensure that any form requesting disclosure of a social security number, or an accompanying statement, clearly advises the individual of the statute or regulation requiring disclosure of the number, or clearly advises the individual that disclosure is voluntary and that no consequence will flow from a refusal to disclose it, and the uses that will be made of the number whether disclosed mandatorily or voluntarily.
(c) Any form which does not meet the objectives specified in the Privacy Act and this section shall be revised to conform thereto.
[54 FR 18476, May 1, 1989, as amended at 73 FR 56939, Oct. 1, 2008]
Title 12 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.