13 CFR 107.590 - Licensee's requirement to maintain active operations.
prev | next
(a) Activity test. You must conduct active operations, as determined under this § 107.590, as a condition of your license. You will be considered active if:
(1) During the eighteen months preceding your most recent fiscal year end, you made Financings totaling at least 20 percent of your Regulatory Capital; or
(2) Your idle funds did not exceed 20 percent of your total assets (at cost) at your most recent fiscal year end.
(b) Permitted exceptions to activity requirements. You are considered active if your failure to meet the requirements in paragraph (a) of this section is the result of one or more of the following factors:
(1) Your excess idle funds are the result of the receipt, within the previous nine months, of realized gains, repayments, additional capital contributions, or Leverage.
(i) Your unfunded commitments from investors are no more than 20 percent of your Regulatory Capital; and
(3) You have not made sufficient Financings because of a lack of available funds, evidenced by Loans and Investments (at cost) equal to at least 90 percent of your Combined Capital as of your most recent fiscal year end.
(4) You have not made sufficient Financings solely because SBA has restricted your ability to make investments.
(c) Applicability of activity requirements. The activity requirements in paragraph (a) of this section do not apply if you have filed a “Wind-up Plan” approved by SBA. “Wind-up Plan” means a plan that you prepare when you decide that you will no longer make any Financings other than follow-on investments, and that you update annually when you file your SBA Form 468. The plan must contain your best estimates of the following:
(1) General rule. You must meet the activity requirements in this § 107.590 as of the end of your first full fiscal year beginning after January 31, 1996. Until then, you will be considered active if you meet the activity requirements in effect on January 30, 1996.
(2) Rule for new Licensees. If you received your license after January 31, 1996, or if you received your license less than eighteen months before the fiscal year end determined under paragraph (d)(1) of this section, you must meet the activity requirements in this § 107.590 as of the end of your second full fiscal year beginning after the date you received your license.
Title 13 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.