13 CFR 107.692 - Examination fees.
prev | next
(a) General. SBA will assess fees for examinations in accordance with this § 107.692. Unless SBA determines otherwise on a case by case basis, SBA will not assess fees for special examinations to obtain specific information.
(b) Base fee. A base fee will be assessed based on your total assets (at cost) as of the date of your latest certified financial statement or a more recent interim statement requested by and submitted to SBA in connection with the examination. The base fee table is as follows:
|Total assets of licensee||Base fee||Plus, percent of assets|
|$0 to $1,500,000||$3,500||0%|
|$1,500,001 to $5,000,000||3,700||.065% of the amount over $1,500,000|
|$5,000,001 to $10,000,000||6,000||.02% of the amount over $5,000,000|
|$10,000,001 to $15,000,000||7,000||.01% of the amount over $10,000,000|
|$15,000,001 to $25,000,000||7,700||.015% of the amount over $15,000,000|
|$25,000,001 to $50,000,000||9,200||.015% of the amount over $25,000,000|
|$50,000,001 to $60,000,000||13,000||.01% of the amount over $50,000,000|
|$60,000,001 and above||14,000||0%|
(c) Adjustments to base fee. Your base fee, as determined by the table in paragraph (b) of this section, will be adjusted (increased or decreased) based on the following criteria:
(1) If you have no outstanding regulatory violations at the time of the commencement of the examination and SBA did not identify any violations as a result of the most recent prior examination, you will receive a 15% discount on your base fee;
(2) If you were fully responsive to the letter of notification of examination (that is, you provided all requested documents and information within the time period stipulated in the notification letter in a complete and accurate manner, and you prepared and had available all information requested by the examiner for on-site review), you will receive a 10% discount on your base fee;
(3) If you are organized as a partnership or limited liability company, you will pay an additional charge equal to 5% of your base fee;
(4) If you are an Early Stage SBIC with outstanding Leverage or Leverage commitments, you will pay an additional charge equal to 10% of your base fee;
(5) If you are a Licensee authorized to issue Participating Securities, you will pay an additional charge equal to 10% of your base fee; and
(6) If you maintain your records/files in multiple locations (as permitted under § 107.600(b)), you will pay an additional charge equal to 10% of your base fee.
(d) Fee discounts and additions table. The following table summarizes the discounts and additions noted in paragraph (c) of this section:
|Examination fee discounts||Amount ofdiscount— % of base examination fee||Examination fee additions||Amount ofaddition— % of base examination fee|
|No prior violations||15||Partnership or limited liability company||5|
|Responsiveness||10||Participating Security Licensee||10|
|Records/Files at multiple locations||10|
|Early Stage SBIC||10|
(e) Delay fee. If, in the judgement of SBA, the time required to complete your examination is delayed due to your lack of cooperation or the condition of your records, SBA may assess an additional fee of up to $500 per day.
Title 13 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.