13 CFR 303.3 - Application requirements and evaluation criteria.
(a) For Planning Investment awards, EDA uses the general application evaluation criteria set forth in § 301.8 of this chapter. In addition, applications for Planning Investments must include information about the following:
(1) The proposed scope of work for the development, implementation, revision or replacement of the CEDS, or the relation of the CEDS to the proposed short-term planning activities or the State plan;
(2) Qualifications of the Eligible Applicant to implement the goals and objectives resulting from the CEDS, short-term planning activities or the State plan;
(3) The involvement of the Region's business leadership at each stage of the preparation of the CEDS, short-term planning activities or State plan;
(4) Extent of broad-based representation and involvement of the Region's civic, business, labor, minority and other interests in the Eligible Applicant's economic development activities; and
(5) Feasibility of the proposed scope of work to create and retain higher-skill, higher-wage jobs through implementation of the CEDS.
(b) In addition to the criteria set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, funded Recipients are evaluated on the basis of the extent of continuing economic distress within the Region, their past performance, and the overall effectiveness of their CEDS.
(c) For Planning Investment awards to a State, the Assistant Secretary shall also consider the extent to which the State will integrate and coordinate its CEDS with local and Economic Development District plans.
(d) The Investment Rates for Planning Investments will be determined in accordance with § 301.4 of this chapter.
Title 13 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.