13 CFR 303.6 - EDA-funded CEDS process.
If EDA awards Investment Assistance to a Planning Organization to develop, revise or replace a CEDS, the Planning Organization must follow the procedures set forth in this section:
(a) The Planning Organization must appoint a Strategy Committee. The Strategy Committee must represent the main economic interests of the Region and must include Private Sector Representatives as a majority of its membership. In addition, the Planning Organization should ensure that the Strategy Committee includes public officials, community leaders, representatives of workforce development boards, institutions of higher education, minority and labor groups, and private individuals. The Strategy Committee representing Indian Tribes or States may vary.
(1) Complies with the requirements of § 303.7; and
(2) Was made available for review and comment by the public for a period of at least thirty (30) days prior to submission to EDA.
(1) After obtaining EDA approval of the CEDS, the Planning Organization must submit annually an updated CEDS performance report to EDA.
(2) The Planning Organization must submit a new or revised CEDS to EDA at least every five (5) years, unless EDA or the Planning Organization determines that a new or revised CEDS is required earlier due to changed circumstances.
(3) Any updated CEDS performance report that results in a change of the requirements set forth in § 303.7(b)(3) of the EDA-accepted CEDS or any new or revised CEDS, must be available for review and comment by the public in accordance with paragraph (b)(2) of this section.
(d) If EDA determines that implementation of the CEDS is inadequate, it will notify the Planning Organization in writing and the Planning Organization shall submit to EDA a new or revised CEDS.
Title 13 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.