(a) On or after the date the Department of Justice approves the issuance of a complaint in accordance with 31 U.S.C. 3803(b)(1), the reviewing official may serve a complaint on the defendant, as provided in § 1264.107.
(b) The complaint shall state—
(1) The allegations of liability against the defendant, including the statutory basis for liability, an identification of the claims or statements that are the basis for the alleged liability, and the reasons why liability allegedly arises from such claims or statements;
(2) The maximum amount of penalties and assessments for which the defendant may be held liable;
(3) Instructions for filing an answer to request a hearing, including a specific statement of the defendant's right to request a hearing by filing an answer and to be represented by a representative; and
(4) That failure to file an answer within 30 days of service of the complaint will result in the imposition of the maximum amount of penalties and assessments without right to appeal as provided in § 1264.109.
(c) At the same time the defendant is served with the complaint, he or she shall also be served with a—
(1) Notice to Consent to the Chairperson of the NASA Board of Contract Appeals (BCA), or Designee, as presiding officer;
(2) Copy of this part 1264 of 14 CFR.
[52 FR 39498, Oct. 22, 1987, as amended at 54 FR 599, Jan. 9, 1989]
Title 14 published on 2012-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.