(a) Any person who violates any of the following statutory provisions, or any rule, regulation, or order issued thereunder, is subject to a civil penalty of not more than the amount specified in 49 U.S.C. chapter 463 for each violation:
(1) Chapter 401 (except sections 40103(a) and (d), 40105, 40116, and 40117 );
(2) Chapter 441 (except section 44109 );
(3) Section 44502(b) or (c) ;
(4) Chapter 447 (except sections 44717 and 44719-44723 );
(5) Chapter 451;
(6) Sections 46301(b), 46302 (for a violation of 49 U.S.C. 46504 ), or 46318;
(7) Section 47107(b); or
(8) Sections 47528 through 47530.
(b) Any person who knowingly commits an act in violation of 49 U.S.C. chapter 51 or a regulation prescribed or order issued under that chapter, is subject to a civil penalty under 49 U.S.C. 5123.
(c) The minimum and maximum amounts of civil penalties for violations of the statutory provisions specified in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section, or rules, regulations, or orders issued thereunder, are periodically adjusted for inflation in accordance with the formula established in 28 U.S.C. 2461 note and implemented in 14 CFR part 13, subpart H.