14 CFR 27.901 - Installation.
prev | next
(a) For the purpose of this part, the powerplant installation includes each part of the rotorcraft (other than the main and auxiliary rotor structures) that—
(1) Each component of the installation must be constructed, arranged, and installed to ensure its continued safe operation between normal inspections or overhauls for the range of temperature and altitude for which approval is requested;
(2) Accessibility must be provided to allow any inspection and maintenance necessary for continued airworthiness;
(3) Electrical interconnections must be provided to prevent differences of potential between major components of the installation and the rest of the rotorcraft;
(4) Axial and radial expansion of turbine engines may not affect the safety of the installation; and
(5) Design precautions must be taken to minimize the possibility of incorrect assembly of components and equipment essential to safe operation of the rotorcraft, except where operation with the incorrect assembly can be shown to be extremely improbable.
(1) The installation instructions provided under § 33.5 of this chapter; and
(Secs. 313(a), 601, and 603, 72 Stat. 752, 775, 49 U.S.C. 1354(a), 1421, and 1423; sec. 6(c), 49 U.S.C. 1655(c))
[Doc. No. 5074, 29 FR 15695, Nov. 24, 1964, as amended by Amdt. 27-2, 33 FR 963, Jan. 26, 1968; Amdt. 27-12, 42 FR 15044, Mar. 17, 1977; Amdt. 27-23, 53 FR 34211, Sept. 2, 1988]
Title 14 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.