14 CFR 302.303 - Contents of applications.
(a) Title. An application filed under § 302.302(a) shall be entitled “Application for . . .” (followed by the type of authority request, e.g., exemption, frequency allocation) and, where applicable, shall state if the application involves renewal and/or amendment of existing exemption authority.
(1) The section(s) of the Statute or the rule, regulation, term, condition, or limitation from which the exemption is requested;
(3) A description of how the applicant proposes to exercise the authority (for example, applications for exemption from section 41101 or 41301 of the Statute should include at least: places to be served; equipment types, capacity and source; type and frequency or service; and other operations that the proposed service will connect with or support); and
(4) Any other facts the applicant relies upon to establish that the proposed service will be consistent with the public interest.
(i) A statement of economic data, or other matters or information that the applicant desires the Department to officially notice;
(ii) Affidavits, or statements under penalty of 18 U.S.C. 1001, establishing any other facts the applicant wants the Department to rely upon; and
(2) In addition to the information required by paragraph (c)(1) of this section, an application for exemption from section 41101 or 41301 of the Statute (except exemptions under section 40109(g)) shall state whether the authority sought is governed by a bilateral agreement or by principles of comity and reciprocity. Applications by foreign carriers shall state whether the applicant's homeland government grants U.S. carriers authority similar to that requested. If so, the application shall state whether the fact of reciprocity has been established by the Department and cite the pertinent finding. If the fact of reciprocity has not been established by the Department, the application shall include documentation to establish such reciprocity.
(d) Emergency cabotage. Applications under section 40109(g) of the Statute shall, in addition to the information required in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section, contain evidence showing that:
(1) Because of an emergency created by unusual circumstances not arising in the normal course of business, traffic in the markets requested cannot be accommodated by air carriers holding certificates under section 41102 of the Statute;
(2) All possible efforts have been made to accommodate the traffic by using the resources of such air carriers (including, for example, the use of foreign aircraft, or sections of foreign aircraft, under lease or charter to such air carriers, and the use of such air carriers' reservation systems to the extent practicable);
(3) The authority requested is necessary to avoid unreasonable hardship for the traffic in the market that cannot be accommodated by air carriers; and
(4) In any case where an inability to accommodate traffic in a market results from a labor dispute, the grant of the requested exemption will not result in an unreasonable advantage to any party in the dispute.
(e) Renewal applications. An application requesting renewal of an exemption or other limited authority under this subpart that is intended to invoke the automatic extension provisions of 5 U.S.C. 558(c) shall comply with, and contain the statements and information required by part 377 of this chapter.
(f) Record of service. An application shall list the parties served as required by § 302.304.
Title 14 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.