(a) Propeller ratings and operating limitations must:
(1) Be established by the applicant and approved by the Administrator.
(2) Be included directly or by reference in the propeller type certificate data sheet, as specified in § 21.41 of this chapter.
(3) Be based on the operating conditions demonstrated during the tests required by this part as well as any other information the Administrator requires as necessary for the safe operation of the propeller.
(b) Propeller ratings and operating limitations must be established for the following, as applicable:
(1) Power and rotational speed:
(i) For takeoff.
(ii) For maximum continuous.
(iii) If requested by the applicant, other ratings may also be established.
(2) Overspeed and overtorque limits.
[Amdt. 35-8, 73 FR 63346, Oct. 24, 2008]
Title 14 published on 2012-01-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 14.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.