15 CFR 4.22 - Definitions.
(a) All terms used in this subpart which are defined in 5 U.S.C. 552a shall have the same meaning herein.
(1) Act means the “Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (5 U.S.C. 552a)”.
(2) Appeal means a request by an individual to review and reverse an initial denial of a request from that individual for correction or amendment.
(3) Component means any office, division, bureau or other unit of the Department listed in Appendix A to this part (except that a regional office of a larger office or other unit does not constitute a separate component).
(5) Inquiry means either a request for general information regarding the Act and this subpart or a request from an individual (or that individual's parent or guardian) that the Department determine whether it has any record in a system of records that pertains to that individual.
(6) Person means any human being and also shall include, but is not limited to, corporations, associations, partnerships, trustees, receivers, personal representatives, and public or private organizations.
(7) Privacy Officer means those officials, identified in Appendix B to this part, who are authorized to receive and act upon inquiries, requests for access, and requests for correction or amendment.
(8) Request for access means a request from an individual or an individual's parent or guardian to see a record pertaining to that individual in a particular system of records.
Title 15 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.