15 CFR Part 8, Appendix A to Part 8 - Federal Financial Assistance Covered by Title VI
prev | next
Appendix A to Part 8—Federal Financial Assistance Covered by Title VI
i. federal financial assistance to which title 15, subtitle a, part 8 applies
Economic Development Administration
1. Loans, grants, technical and other assistance for public works and development facilities, for supplementing Federal grants-in-aid, for private businesses, and for other purposes, including assistance in connection with designated economic development districts and regions (Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 3121 et seq.).
2. Financial and technical assistance to firms to aid economic adjustment to the effects of increased imports in direct competition with firm products (Trade Act of 1974, 19 U.S.C. 2341-2354).
3. Assistance to communities adversely affected by increased imports in direct competition with products manufactured in the community area (Trade Act of 1974, 19 U.S.C. 2371-2374).
4. Assistance to projects involving construction of local and State public facilities in order to reduce unemployment and provide State and local governments with badly needed public facilities (Local Public Works Capital Development and Assistance Act of 1976, 42 U.S.C. 6701-6710).
5. Trade adjustment assistance: Loans, dissemination of technical information (title II of the Trade Act of 1974, 19 U.S.C. 2341-2374).
1. Operating differential subsidy assistance to operators of U.S. flag vessels engaged in U.S. foreign commerce (46 U.S.C. 1171 et seq.).
2. Assistance to operate State maritime academies and colleges to train merchant marine officers (46 U.S.C. 1381-1388).
3. Ship construction differential subsidies, direct payments (Merchant Marine Act of 1936, as amended, 46 U.S.C. 1151-1161).
National Bureau of Standards
1. Grants to universities and other research organizations for fire research and safety programs (15 U.S.C. 278f).
National Fire Prevention and Control Administration
1. Academy planning assistance: To assist States in the development of training and education in the fire prevention and control area (15 U.S.C. 2201-2219).
2. State fire incident reporting assistance: To assist States in the establishment and operation of a statewide fire incident and casualty reporting system (15 U.S.C. 2201-2219).
3. Public education assistance planning: Publications, audiovisual presentations and demonstrations, research, testing, and experimentation to determine the most effective means for such public education (15 U.S.C. 2205c).
4. Policy development assistance: Studies of the operations and management aspects of fire services (15 U.S.C. 2207c).
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
1. Assistance to States, educational institutions, and the commercial fishing industry for the development of tuna and other latent fisheries (16 U.S.C. 758e).
2. Assistance to States for the development and implementation of programs to protect and study certain species of marine mammals (16 U.S.C. 1379b).
3. Financial assistance to States with agencies which have entered into a cooperative agreement to assist in the preservation of threatened and endangered species (16 U.S.C. 1535).
4. Assistance to coastal States for the development of estuarine sanctuaries to serve as field laboratories and for acquiring access to public beaches (16 U.S.C. 1461).
5. Assistance to coastal States for the development, implementation, and administration of coastal zone management programs (16 U.S.C. 1454-1455).
6. Assistance to coastal States to help communities in dealing with the economic, social, and environmental consequences resulting from expanded coastal energy activity (16 U.S.C. 1456).
7. Authority to enter into cooperative agreements with “colleges and universities, with game and fish departments of the several States, and with nonprofit organizations relating to cooperative research units.” Assistance limited to assignment of personnel, supplies, and incidental expenses (16 U.S.C. 753 a and b).
8. Grants for education and training of personnel in the field of commercial fishing, “to public and nonprofit private universities and colleges * * *” (16 U.S.C. 760d).
9. Grants for “office and any other necessary space” for the Northern Pacific Halibut Commission (16 U.S.C. 772).
10. The “Dingell Johnson Act”: Apportionment of dollars to States for restoration and management of sport or recreational species (16 U.S.C. 777-777i; 777k).
11. Authority to cooperate with and provide assistance to States in controlling jellyfish, etc. (16 U.S.C. 1201, 1202).
12. Authority to cooperate with and provide assistance to certain States and territories in the study and control of “Crown of Thorns” starfish (16 U.S.C. 1211-1213).
13. Technical assistance to fishing cooperatives regarding catching and marketing aquatic products (15 U.S.C. 521-522).
14. Fish research and experimentation program cooperation with other agencies in acquisition of lands, construction of buildings, employment of personnel in establishing and maintaining research stations (16 U.S.C. 778a).
15. Assistance to upgrade commercial fishing vessels and gear (16 U.S.C. 742c).
16. Assistance to State projects designed for the research and development of commercial fisheries resources of the nation (16 U.S.C. 779a-779f).
17. Assistance to State and other non-Federal interests under cooperative agreements to conserve, develop, and enhance anadromous and Great Lakes Fisheries (16 U.S.C. 757a et seq.).
18. Grants and other assistance under the National Sea Grant College and Program Act of 1966: To support establishment of major university centers for marine research, education, training, and advisory services (33 U.S.C. 1121-1124).
19. Geodetic surveys and services; advisory services; dissemination of technical information (33 U.S.C. 883a).
20. Nautical charts assistance; advisory services; dissemination of technical information (33 U.S.C. 883a).
21. River and flood forecast and warning services; advisory services (15 U.S.C. 313).
23. Commercial fisheries disaster assistance (16 U.S.C. 779b).
24. Provision for the Weather Service to assist in joint projects “of mutual interest” (15 U.S.C. 1525).
National Telecommunications and Information Administration
1. Grants for the planning and construction of public telecommunications facilities for the production and distribution of noncommercial educational and cultural radio and television programming and related instructional and informational materials. (Public Telecommunications Financing Act of 1978, 47 U.S.C. Sections 390-394).
Office of Minority Business Enterprise
1. Assistance to minority business enterprises: Grants, contracts, advisory service, technical information (15 U.S.C. 1512; title III of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 3151; Executive Order 11625, Oct. 13, 1971).
Regional Action Planning Commissions
1. Supplemental grants to Federal grant-in-aid programs and technical assistance funds for planning, investigations, studies, training programs, and demonstration projects, including demonstrations in energy, transportation, health and nutrition, education and indigenous arts and crafts (title V of the Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended, 42 U.S.C. 3181-3196).
United States Travel Service
1. Assistance to strengthen the domestic and foreign commerce of the United States, and to promote friendly understanding and appreciation of the United States by encouraging foreign residents to visit the United States (22 U.S.C. 2121 et seq.).
1. Authority to make basis scientific research grants (42 U.S.C. 1891-1893; to be superseded no later than Feb. 3, 1979, by the Federal Grant and Cooperative Agreement Act of 1977, Pub. L. 95-224).
ii. a primary objective of the financial assistance authorized by the following statutes, already listed above in appendix ai, is to provide employment
1. Public Works and Economic Development Act of 1965, as amended (42 U.S.C. 3121 et seq.).
2. Trade Act of 1974 (19 U.S.C. 2341-2354).
3. Local Public Works Capital Development and Assistance Act of 1976 (42 U.S.C. 6701-6710)
[43 FR 49303, Oct. 23, 1978, as amended at 44 FR 12642, Mar. 8, 1979]
Title 15 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.