16 CFR 301.41 - Maintenance of records.
(a) Pursuant to section 3(e) and section 8(d)(1), of the Act, each manufacturer or dealer in fur products or furs (including dressers, dyers, bleachers and processors), irrespective of whether any guaranty has been given or received, shall maintain records showing all of the required information relative to such fur products or furs in such manner as will readily identify each fur or fur product manufactured or handled. Such records shall show:
(1) That the fur product contains or is composed of natural, pointed, bleached, dyed, tip-dyed or otherwise artificially colored fur, when such is the fact;
(3) The name or names (as set forth in the Fur Products Name Guide) of the animal or animals that produced the fur;
(4) That the fur product is composed in whole or in substantial part of paws, tails, bellies, sides, flanks, gills, ears, throats, heads, scrap pieces, or waste fur, when such is the fact;
(6) The name, or other identification issued and registered by the Commission, of one or more of the persons who manufacture, import, sell, advertise, offer, transport or distribute the fur product in commerce.
(7) The item number assigned, or reassigned, to each fur or fur product as set out in § 301.40
(b) The purpose of the records is to permit a determination that the requirements of the Act and Regulations have been met and to establish a traceable line of continuity from raw material through processing to finished product. The records shall be preserved for at least three years.
[53 FR 31315, Aug. 18, 1988]
Title 16 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.