16 CFR 322.9 - Recordkeeping and compliance requirements.
(a) Any mortgage assistance relief provider must keep, for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date the record is created, the following records:
(1) All contracts or other agreements between the provider and any consumer for any mortgage assistance relief service;
(2) Copies of all written communications between the provider and any consumer occurring prior to the date on which the consumer entered into an agreement with the provider for any mortgage assistance relief service;
(3) Copies of all documents or telephone recordings created in connection with compliance with paragraph (b) of this section;
(4) All consumer files containing the names, phone numbers, dollar amounts paid, and descriptions of mortgage assistance relief services purchased, to the extent the mortgage assistance relief service provider keeps such information in the ordinary course of business;
(5) Copies of all materially different sales scripts, training materials, commercial communications, or other marketing materials, including websites and weblogs, for any mortgage assistance relief service; and
(1) Take reasonable steps sufficient to monitor and ensure that all employees and independent contractors comply with this rule. Such steps shall include the monitoring of communications directed at specific consumers, and shall also include, at a minimum, the following:
(i) If the mortgage assistance relief service provider is engaged in the telemarketing of mortgage assistance relief services, performing random, blind recording and testing of the oral representations made by individuals engaged in sales or other customer service functions;
(iii) Ascertaining the number and nature of consumer complaints regarding transactions in which all employees and independent contractors are involved;
(3) Take corrective action with respect to any employee or contractor whom the mortgage assistance relief service provider determines is not complying with this rule, which may include training, disciplining, or terminating such individual; and
(4) Maintain any information and material necessary to demonstrate its compliance with paragraphs (b)(1) through (3) of this section.
(c) A mortgage assistance relief provider may keep the records required by § 322.10(a) through this section in any form, and in the same manner, format, or place as it keeps such records in the ordinary course of business.
Title 16 published on 2013-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.