(a) Every trader who holds or controls a reportable futures or option position shall keep books and records showing all details concerning all positions and transactions in the commodity:
(1) On all reporting markets;
(2) Over the counter or pursuant to sections 2(d), 2(g) or 2(h)(1)-(2) of the Act or part 35 of this chapter;
(3) On exempt commercial markets operating pursuant to sections 2(h)(3)-(5) of the Act;
(4) On exempt boards of trade operating pursuant to section 5d of the Act; and
(5) On foreign boards of trade.
(b) Every such trader shall also keep books and records showing all details concerning all positions and transactions in the cash commodity, its products and byproducts, and all commercial activities that the trader hedges in the futures or option contract in which the trader is reportable.
(c) The trader shall upon request furnish to the Commission any pertinent information concerning such positions, transactions, or activities in a form acceptable to the Commission.
[72 FR 60771, Oct. 26, 2007, as amended at 74 FR 12192, Mar. 23, 2009]
Title 17 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.