§ 229.1205(Item 1205) Drilling and other exploratory and development activities.
(a) For each of the last three fiscal years, by geographical area, disclose:
(1) The number of net productive and dry exploratory wells drilled; and
(2) The number of net productive and dry development wells drilled.
(b)Definitions. For purposes of this Item 1205, the following terms shall be defined as follows:
(1) A dry well is an exploratory, development, or extension well that proves to be incapable of producing either oil or gas in sufficient quantities to justify completion as an oil or gas well.
(2) A productive well is an exploratory, development, or extension well that is not a dry well.
(3)Completion refers to installation of permanent equipment for production of oil or gas, or, in the case of a dry well, to reporting to the appropriate authority that the well has been abandoned.
(4) The number of wells drilled refers to the number of wells completed at any time during the fiscal year, regardless of when drilling was initiated.
(c) Disclose, by geographic area, for each of the last three years, any other exploratory or development activities conducted, including implementation of mining methods for purposes of oil and gas producing activities.
Title 17 published on 2014-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 17.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.