(a) This section applies only to registrants that:
(1) Are not a “blank check company” as defined in § 230.419(a)(2); and
(2) Are filing a registration statement containing financial statements in which Arthur Andersen LLP (or a foreign affiliate of Arthur Andersen LLP) had been acting as the independent public accountant.
(b) Notwithstanding any other Commission rule or regulation, every registrant eligible to rely on this section may dispense with the requirement for the registrant to file the written consent of Arthur Andersen LLP (or a foreign affiliate of Arthur Andersen LLP) as required by Section 7 of the Act (15 U.S.C. 77g) where:
(1) The registrant has not already obtained the written consent that would be required if not for this section;
(2) The registrant is not able to obtain the written consent after reasonable efforts; and
(3) The registrant discloses clearly any limitations on recovery by investors posed by the lack of consent.
[67 FR 13537, Mar. 22, 2002]
Title 17 published on 2012-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 17.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.