§ 230.489Filing of form by foreign banks and insurance companies and certain of their holding companies and finance subsidiaries.
(a) The following foreign issuers shall file Form F-N [17 CFR 239.43] under the Act appointing an agent for service of process when filing a registration statement under the Act:
(1) A foreign issuer that is a foreign bank or foreign insurance company excepted from the definition of investment company by rule 3a-6 (17 CFR 270.3a-6) under the Investment Company Act of 1940 (the “1940 Act”);
(2) A foreign issuer that is a finance subsidiary of a foreign bank or foreign insurance company, as those terms are defined in rule 3a-6 under the 1940 Act, if the finance subsidiary is excepted from the definition of investment company by rule 3a-5 [17 CFR 270.3a-5] under the 1940 Act; or
(3) A foreign issuer that is excepted from the definition of investment company by rule 3a-1 (17 CFR 270.3a-1) under the 1940 Act because some or all of its majority-owned subsidiaries are foreign banks or insurance companies excepted from the definition of investment company by rule 3a-6 under the 1940 Act.
(b) The requirements of paragraph (a) of this section shall not apply to:
(1) A foreign issuer that has filed Form F-X (17 CFR 239.42) under the Securities Act of 1933 with respect to the securities being offered; and
(2) A foreign issuer filing a registration statement relating to debt securities or non-voting preferred stock that has on file with the Commission a currently accurate Form N-6C9 (17 CFR 274.304, rescinded) under the 1940 Act.
(c) Six copies of Form F-N, one of which shall be manually signed, shall be filed with the Commission at its principal office.
[56 FR 56299, Nov. 4, 1991]
Title 17 published on 2012-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 17.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.