§ 240.14a-15Differential and contingent compensation in connection with roll-up transactions.
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to receive compensation for soliciting proxies, consents, or authorizations directly from security holders in connection with a roll-up transaction as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, if the compensation is:
(1) Based on whether the solicited proxy, consent, or authorization either approves or disapproves the proposed roll-up transaction; or
(2) Contingent on the approval, disapproval, or completion of the roll-up transaction.
(b) This section is applicable to a roll-up transaction as defined in Item 901(c) of Regulation S-K (§ 229.901(c) of this chapter), except for a transaction involving only:
(1) Finite-life entities that are not limited partnerships;
(2) Partnerships whose investors will receive new securities or securities in another entity that are not reported under a transaction reporting plan declared effective before December 17, 1993 by the Commission under section 11A of the Act (15 U.S.C. 78k-1); or
(3) Partnerships whose investors' securities are reported under a transaction reporting plan declared effective before December 17, 1993 by the Commission under section 11A of the Act (15 U.S.C. 78k-1).
[59 FR 63684, Dec. 8, 1994]
Title 17 published on 2013-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 17.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.